mk:toy library is a service provided by Central England Pre-school Learning Alliance for Early Years Providers, Childminders and Parents.
Terms and Conditions
mk:toy library opening hours for picking up toys and equipment are as follows:
Pick up – FRIDAY 9.00 am to 2.00pm
Return – WEDNESDAY 10.00 am – 12.00 Midday TERM TIME ONLY
BUT NO LATER THAN THURSDAY 9.00 am to 12.00 Midday
3 WEEKLY LOANS – DISCOVERY BOX ITEMS;
Pick up or return – WEDNESDAY 10.00 am – 12.00 Midday TERM TIME ONLY
THURSDAY 9.00 AM – 2.00 PM
FRIDAY 9.00 AM – 2.00 PM
- All equipment booked must be paid for in full before it can be picked up. No refunds will be given for equipment booked but not collected.
- Hirers are advised to notify the toy library before 10.00 am on the day of return if they are unable to return equipment for any reason.
- Overdue items will be charged at double the weekly rate for each week or part thereof overdue.
- All equipment remains the responsibility of the hirer while on loan. Equipment must be returned in good condition – CLEAN AND DRY – as they were on the date of hire.
- All equipment must be used appropriately with reference – where applicable – to the manufacturers website for recommended age, height and weight restrictions.
- The toy library accepts no responsibility for accidents, injury or damage caused when using the loaned equipment.
- As appropriate, the hirer is required to provide insurance cover effective from the date of hire. (Many domestic insurance policies cover private parties and the use of play equipment but it is the hirer’s responsibility to check with their own insurance company. Alternatively – one-off day policies are available and can be purchased by the hirer from an insurance company. This is not a service provided by the toy library).
- Any equipment lost, damaged or broken through circumstances other than normal wear must be replaced by the hirer.
- The toy library reserves the right to refuse the loan of equipment.
- Discovery boxes must be returned in the condition that they were picked up in. Please ensure all pieces are accounted for. In the event of any problems / issues, these must be brought to the attention of the library team when the box is returned.
- Any items that may have been used outside or for water play must be dried thoroughly before being replaced into the bag/ box
- mk:toy library reserves the right to replace a broken or damaged piece of equipment with a suitable similar item within a package.
- Members of the Pre-school Learning Alliance can purchase a Toy Library Annual Pass at the discounted rate of £20.00, normal price £50.00, borrow up to two Discovery boxes at any one time for a 3 week period.
- The maximum liability of Central England Pre-school Learning Alliance for any breach of this agreement (including any liability for the acts or omissions of its employees) whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence) misrepresentation or otherwise, shall in no circumstances exceed £1000 (one thousand pounds)
- Nothing in this agreement shall exclude or in any way limit either party’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its own negligence
- Central England Pre-school Learning Alliance may terminate this agreement with immediate effect by serving notice to terminate in writing.
I have read and understood the mk:toy library terms and conditions and agree to abide by them. I understand that I am responsible for the safe return of any borrowed equipment and agree to replace any equipment lost, broken or damaged through neglect.
Central England Pre-school Learning Alliance
2 Burners Lane
Telephone: 01908 263700
Toy Library Mobile: 07734898208 – telephone or text
LAST UPDATED: 18th OCTOBER 2018